Tenant Fee Schedule from June 1st 2019
Holding Deposit per tenancy One Weeks Rent. This is to reserve a property. Please note: this will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s) withdraw from the tenancy , fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and/or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreements as mutually agreed in writing).
Security Deposit (per tenancy. Rent under £50,000 per year) Five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
Security Deposit (per tenancy. Rent over £50,000 per year) Six weeks rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy
Unpaid Rent Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears
Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s) Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord and any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If the extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request) £50 (inc VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher. To cover the costs associated with taking landlords instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
Variation of Contract (Tenants Request) £50 (inc VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the cost associated with taking landlords instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents
Early Termination (Tenants request) Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s cost in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the Tenancy.
FEES PRIOR TO 1ST JUNE 2019
£1000 holding deposit** (to include up to 2 applicants), additional applicants over age 18 £200 per applicant.
Referencing for 1 applicant, Deposit holding, Agreement, Inventory.
- Rent up to £1000 £498 including VAT
- Rent up to £1600 £558 including VAT
- Rent over £1600 £618 including VAT
- Additional referencing per person/guarantor £54 including VAT
- Additional deposit may be required for pets should the Landlord allow pets in the property
** non refundable – to be deducted from first months rent
Additional Fees that may apply:-
- Pet Fee: £250 (up to 2 pets) inc VAT
- Renewal Extension Fee £72 inc VAT
- New/Change to Agreement during Tenancy £180 inc VAT
- Refused/returned bank payments £30 inc VAT
- Breaches to Tenancy Letters £30 inc VAT
- Out of office call outs (where action of tenant results in agent or contractor attending property to remedy problem £40 inc VAT per hour plus travel
- Late Rental Payments to interest at the rate of 9% per annum
- Professional cleaning – only charged at end of tenancy where property has not been returned in same condition as at start of tenancy – as per contractors invoice